Independent childminders - Welcome to YOUR website.
This website is being set up BY independent childminders FOR independent childminders.
The aim www.independentchildminders.co.uk is to provide free, up-to-date information and advice for ALL childminders in England who wish to remain independent of agency control.
What does it mean to be independent? The dictionary definition of independence is... 'not influenced or controlled by others in matters of opinion'. Of course, we recognise that childminders will never be truly independent because we will continue to be legislated by the Department for Education and regulated by Ofsted... and this is where www.independentchildminders.co.uk can help you!
We aim to build up our site content over the coming months to provide you with all the tools you will need to continue your registration and to retain and improve your Ofsted inspection outcome. We will work with childminders who wish to remain independent and the contents of this website will reflect your views and the information you tell us that you need it to contain to stay successful in this difficult economic climate.
We will include details about:
- Support for managing Ofsted inspections
- Details about how independence will affect you ... hot off the press news and information as it comes available from the Department for Education and Ofsted
- Advice about how to manage changes to the EYFS
- Tips for advertising your independent childminding business to parents
- Ideas for remaining sustainable
- Training opportunities through the country for independent childminders including in-house training support
You do not need to join www.independentchildminders.co.uk or pay us a fee. This website is available to everyone who wants to access free, impartial, up-to-date information and advice.
A chat section is also available on the Childminding Forum for Independent Childminders